COMMUNITY POLICING NOTICE:
As the holiday season approaches so does the number of mail order deliveries. If you are having packages delivered to your home please know we have been seeing an increase of packages being taken off of residents porches. Please consider the following to avoid becoming a victim of package theft…
1. Consider sending packages to your place of work, if they will allow it.
2. Consider sending packages to relatives who will be home.
3. Most mail order companies will allow “special delivery” options on their checkout page. Have packages delivered to other locations other than front porches.
4. Have packages delivered to pick-up locations; if available.
5. Consider purchasing a package lockbox for your front porch where carriers can place packages and include your code in the “special delivery” options when ordering. Most home delivery companies offer this service.
As always, if you see suspicious activity, report it immediately. Please call 911 or the non-emergency number (609) 267-8300 to report suspicious activity.
For Our Seniors
The Sheriff’s Department helps seniors to be safe: Sheriff Jean Stanfield has announced that her department is now accepting applications to provide seniors with free home security surveys and modifications. Got to the Senior Citizens link to read the story. http://thecityofbeverly.com/senior-citizens
**See the Calendar Page for public meetings & events.